What is Tomo No Kai?
What does Tomo No Kai support?
Tomo no kai supports immersion education, cultural exchange, and community involvement, including:
- Japanese classroom interns
- Books, equipment and supplies
- Immersion training for teachers
- Certificates and awards
- Taiko drumming
- Japanese Speech Contest
- Chitose Exchange trip to Japan
- Anchorage visits from Chitose students, parents, and teachers
- Fun family gatherings and cultural events
- Adopt-a-student program at Dimond High School
Can I become a member of Tomo No Kai?
Every Anchorage School District Japanese Immersion family should become a member of Tomo No Kai in order to receive important communications and event announcements. When you pay the $10 family membership fee, you are also eligible to vote at Tomo No Kai meetings or be an officer.
Most of all, it’s easy and fun to be involved. It’s a chance to work with the people who play an important part in your child’s education, make a difference, and learn about Japanese culture.
For more information on becoming a member please see the Contribute page.